1. Scope of this Policy
2. Agreement to Terms
3. Data Collected
We provide rich reports on the activities in MS Teams.
We may collect personal information through the following means:
- Directly from you (during signup or via email communication and/or any other communication method)
- From your organization’s Microsoft Office 365 tenant
- From the device and browser used to access the Service
- From cookies.
We may collect the following personal information:
- Office 365 users: Subject to the consent of the admin of the Office 365 tenant, we may collect Office 365 tenant users’ data, including: user names, email addresses, roles, licenses, teams that the users are a member of, assignments, submissions, grades and/or calendar events.
- Office 365 Teams: We may collect data of groups and teams in the tenant including their identifiers, names, channels, members, owners, calendar and/or assignments. We only store data for groups that have teams.
- Office 365 tenant information: We may read and collect information from the organization’s roster to identify the educational hierarchy (classes) (e.g. Tenant ID, roles, role members and/or domains).
- Microsoft Teams call records: We may collect call records for Teams meetings in the Office 365 tenant. The information collected describes the specific instance of the call and does not include the actual conversation that takes place during, or content of, the call.
- Commercial Information: We may collect selected financial information such as payment methods and the related payment details if you convert to the paid subscription App.
4. Office 365 Permissions used
Permissions to do the following will be used to store information about assignments, submissions and grades:
- Read tenant users' class assignments and their grades
- Read class assignments with grades
Permissions to do the following are used to build a repository for teams, channels and their members:
- Get a list of all teams
- Read the names and descriptions of all channels
- Read the members of all channels
Permission to do the following is given by default but is not currently in use by B12 Edu:
- Sign in and read tenant users’ profile; read signed in tenant users’ profile
B12 Edu uses these permissions in order to:
- Read tenant users in Azure Active Directory
- Read groups in Azure Active Directory (B12 Edu will only store data for groups that are associated with teams in MS Teams)
- Create a user for B12 Edu in the tenant
- Add the B12 Edu user to the teams in the tenant
- Read and write all tenant users' full profiles
- Read and write all groups
Permissions to do the following are used to reach the educational hierarchies (classes mainly):
- Read the organization's roster
- Read directory data
- Reads the roles, role members and domains of the tenant
The B12 Edu reads the calendars of tenant users and teams in all mailboxes, and all the call records, in order to calculate attendance percentages and provide the relevant reports. B12 Edu does not access or store any conversations that take place during a call. B12 Edu stores call records containing information about the calls and meetings conducted on Microsoft Teams.
A cookie is a small string of information that a website you visit or mobile device you use transfers to your computer or device for identification purposes. Cookies can be used to follow your activity on a website and across websites, and that information helps websites understand your preferences and improve your website experience. Cookies can also be used to remember your username and password, if you choose.
Cookies on our website and App are identity cookies. These allow us to recognize the user and tenant.
6. Our Use of Collected Information
We use, collect and store tenant users’ personal information for the following purposes:
- To schedule online classes for groups/classes/teams
- To provide attendance statistics and details
- To provide insights for school admins on the progress of classes, attendance and whether online classes are recorded or not.
- To provide support for our subscribed users
- To analyze the use of our Services in order to improve the Service and the user experience
- To calculate active users for billing purposes.
- To detect threats and/or any security concerns.
Please note that we shall retain tenant users’ personal information during and following the end of your use of the Service as required to comply with the law and enforce legal and regulatory requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies, for technical troubleshooting requirements, to prevent fraud, to assist in any legal investigations and to take any other actions otherwise permitted by law.
7. Sharing of Information
We at B12 respect and protect the privacy of our customers. We do not sell personal information, and tenant users’ personal information will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes. However, we may share tenant users’ personal information with the following third parties:
- Microsoft Graph, in order to retrieve data needed for the LMS;
- Service providers, examples include: One Time Password channel providers (for example, SMS or WhatsApp), push notification services, email services for communications that the user opted in for;
- Where permitted by applicable laws, with third parties in connection with a corporate restructuring, sale, transfer or assignment of assets or business, merger, divestiture or other changes to the company’s control or financial status; and
Though we make every effort to preserve users’ privacy, we may need to disclose tenant users’ personal information to law enforcement agencies, government agencies or bodies, dispute resolution organizations, or other third parties where we are compelled so to do by court order or similar legal procedure; where we are required to disclose such information to comply with law; where we are cooperating with an ongoing law enforcement investigation or where we have a good faith belief that our disclosure of the information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity, to investigate a possible violation of our Terms or otherwise protect our rights. You agree that we may disclose and transfer, for the purposes specified above, the personal data collected to other affiliated companies.
8. Our Storage and Retention of Personal Information
We make every reasonable effort to preserve tenant users’ privacy and to protect their personal information from loss, misuse, alteration, or unintentional destruction. Their personal information is only accessible on a need-to-know basis by a limited number of employees. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we make commercially reasonably efforts to protect users’ personal information, we cannot guarantee the privacy of tenant users’ personal information as it is transmitted to us.
To the extent permitted under applicable law, we assume no liability or responsibility for disclosure of users’ information due to errors in transmission, unauthorized access by third parties, or other causes beyond our control.
9. Third-Party Links
As such we have no responsibility or liability for these independent policies or actions and are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any such websites.
13. Contact Information
This policy was last updated May 30, 2021.